This is the personal website of Dale Tournemille, e-commerce consultant and Internet marketer based in Vancouver, B.C.
I'm an ecommerce executive with an extensive background spanning 18+ years.KEY STRENGTHS
- Ecommerce platform consulting
- Developing omnichannel e-commerce strategy & execution
- Experience-driven commerce evangelist (digital experiences)
- Leading cross-functional teams
- Analyzing online performance and conversion rate optimization
- Researching competitive environment, including Go-To-Market strategies
- Leveraging data from multiple (sometimes disparate) systems to inform decision making
- Human factors in project management
- Writing in support of sales / lead gen initiatives (RFPs, whitepapers, ebooks, blog posts)
- Expert-level written communications skills (journalist).
In 2011, I ran the e-commerce operations team for Mountain Equipment Co-op (http://www.mec.ca) and was responsible for managing online sales of CDN$31-million. Under my leadership, MEC implemented several new web strategies, including dynamic product recommendations which boosted average order value (AOV) by more than 20% and new site-wide navigation optimizations which boosted online sales by almost 10%. My work on MEC's iPhone e-commerce app was instrumental in the app hitting the #1 Lifestyle app in the Apple App Store (Canada) in 2013.
I also have a background in journalism and worked for nearly a decade as a technology reporter in Canada and the U.S. for various publications such as the Toronto Star and The Globe and Mail, Computing Canada, and CTV News.
In 1999, I helped create one of Canada's first live Internet video streaming websites, ROBTv.com (now known as The Globe and Mail's Business News Network BNN.ca). I later project managed the relaunch of workopolis.com and globetechnology.com, including front-end web development.
I've helped websites garner a number of industry awards from The Canadian New Media Association (globeandmail.com); a 2001 Gemini Award for "Most Innovative Web Site" and the Radio-Television News Directors "2001 Best Web Site Award" (CTV.ca); and have contributed to projects that were nominated by both the Columbia Graduate School of Journalism and "Editor and Publisher Magazine" for excellence in online journalism.